About The Big Search
Our mission is to accelerate the growth of companies that are shaping our future.
We partner with them as they go through periods of rapid change, to hire the best talent for the next phase of their journey.
From shaping C-suite and leadership teams, to building out product, engineering and commercial functions, our aim is always to provide a consultative, fast and transparent service, without ever compromising on quality. We use the latest technology and our custom-built software in order to deliver this – in fact, our technology and product teams here at The Big Search mirror that of our clients more than our competitors.
From our Amsterdam-roots, we’ve grown our team further in London, Berlin, Budapest and Skopje – and that’s just the beginning. We are ambitious, and we’re looking for outstanding leaders to join us on our mission, and truly impact the way we scale and grow. As a company that values openness, we’ll be the first to say we push ourselves hard to go further than we’ve ever been before. But along the way, there will be uncapped opportunities for personal development, work that challenges and excites you, great colleagues and culture… and, most importantly, plenty of the worst jokes you’ll ever hear.
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about supporting people and building our culture, within the framework of our TBS values & principles and a key contributor for a happy and productive workplace for all of our offices.
People are our most important asset and as a People Associate you’ll be collaborating with the rest of the People team to build the best employee experience possible which includes:
Employee onboarding and engagement, data maintenance, implementation of policies, collaborating on the performance management and benefit frameworks.
You will be reporting to our HR Manager and responsible for supporting the day-to-day People related activities & communication.
To ensure success in this role, you must have excellent communication skills and great interpersonal skills and you should definitely be a well organized self-starter, efficient, and approachable.
- Work together with the People team, contribute to and execute the People strategy and roadmap, willing to also work independently and take on various tasks and projects
- Provide a welcoming and smooth (pre) onboarding experience for new hires; helping organize a company-wide onboarding, preparing new hire/onboarding kits, supporting in arranging and handover the equipment
- Closely collaborate with the legal department to support the HR Administration such as contract management, sick leave, vacation days, offboarding and ensure data entered in HRIS (BambooHR) is complete and accurate
- Own projects such as the people newsletter, peer recognition program, company event planning and thinking creatively about any other initiatives which will improve the experience of our employees
- Perform a wide range of functions associated with performance management, promotion process, compensation & benefits, and create different kinds of reports, action plans and follow-ups
- Be a vital source of people topics information, answering any questions employees may have, respond to employees’ queries and resolve issues in a timely and professional manner
- Closely collaborate with the finance department to calculate and process all payroll related changes, including but not limited to: transfers, terminations, promotions, and changes in pay
- Support in the planning and tracking the people department budget
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
- People first mindset – you’re excited about working with people and building a great employee experience
- Excellent English skills and ability to communicate verbally and in writing effectively throughout all levels of the company
- Strong admin skills and attention to detail – you deliver quality administrative work on time without errors
- Relationship builder and trustworthy – you enjoy building strong and positive relationships with a variety of people across the company and can be trusted with sensitive or confidential information
- Ownership and drive – you’re proactive
- in finding opportunities where we can make an impact as a team
- 2-3 years of experience in HR (preferred)
What we offer:
Remote or office work – Even after COVID, there are no expectations for you to work from the office, but if you prefer, than you can work from our fancy offices in the center of the city
Full working equipment – latest technology
Flexible working hours – we value output over input
Private Health Insurance
Learning budget – annual budget for online courses
Company trainings – company level trainings on a variety of topics
Company fitness & yoga sessions – online fitness & yoga sessions on a weekly basis
Quarterly well-being days – one additional day per quarter where everyone at the company is off
Quarterly team building activities – each team gets a budget to spend on team building activities