About The Big Search
The Big Search is on a mission to accelerate companies shaping our future. We use the latest technology and our custom-built software to help successful and ambitious tech start-ups hire new leaders and scale their teams.
Our team started in Amsterdam but has now grown to London, Berlin and Skopje – and that’s just the beginning! We want the sharpest minds around the world to join our mission. As a company that values openness, we push our employees to go further than they’ve ever gone before. But along the way, there are rewards, excitement, new opportunities, fellowship and, if you’re lucky, the worst jokes you’ll ever hear.
At The Big Search, we all drive towards one single unified goal, and that is to provide a seamless journey to our clients while helping them scale their teams and deliver excellence. Join us and your big search for the right career becomes our big search too.
As a Recruitment/Sourcing specialist, you will be responsible for coming up with search strategies on how to find and deliver the best talent across the world for the searches you are working on.
You will be using the best-in class sourcing techniques and tools to find that needle in a haystack, the 1% of the talent in the market.
You will be working on Executive Search and Embedded Talent Acquisition (ETA) projects for the best high-growth tech companies in the world and you will have the opportunity to make a change and have an impact on their future growth.
As part of the Research team, you will be working in a small cross-functional team with a consultant and your colleagues from Talent Operations on long-term Embedded Talent Acquisition projects to build-out and scale entire teams, departments, and offices for our clients.
You will also get exposure to Executive Search where you will be working on key leadership searches that are critical for our clients. These include Board level searches, C-level searches and other senior leadership roles.
Critical for this role are excellent sourcing skills, great interviewing skills, excellent English skills, both verbal and written, great communication skills and curiosity.
- Think holistically about how and where to source for top talent and use best-in-class sourcing techniques and tools to find the 1% of the talent.
- Translate Job Descriptions and requirements into search strategies, candidate personas and lists of targeted companies where you will source the talent.
- Do extensive research on our clients, the industries they operate in and their competitors.
- Screen and evaluate applicants on our clients’ ATS systems.
- Conduct intro calls and interviews with interested candidates, write interview notes and prepare the introduction of the candidates.
- Act as the go-to person when it comes to the search strategy. You will use your market intelligence to consult the recruiter and the client on the talent market.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree.
- Excellent sourcing and interviewing skills. At least one year of experience in sourcing or recruitment.
- The ability to translate the job requirements into a successful search strategy which will yield the best candidates.
- The ability to push-back on consultants/clients when they have unrealistic expectations.
- Excellent English skills, both verbal and written and excellent communication skills (min. B2 level)
- Self-driven, goal-oriented, and analytical frame of mind and you thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Understanding of the technology world and what business models and companies are shaping the future.
- Team player attitude.